Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One Year Later . . .

Gabe and I began the process of trying to adopt a baby exactly one year ago. We started our paperwork in January 2007 and were approved for adoption in August. This past year has really been a spiritual adventure as we've learned to put our trust in the Lord and as we've struggled with learning patience. I've come to believe that whatever trials we experience in life come with an equal if not greater amount of spiritual blessings. I'll admit that there have been discouraging moments, but every time I find myself despairing I feel that the Lord is there to comfort me and teach me some new found lesson. I feel so grateful that I have had such an upbeat and strong spouse that is there to offer council and encouragement. I know that we'll be parents someday and this thought fills me with joy and hope.

1 comment:

anya* said...

thanks for stopping by my blog:) i wish you and your husband all the best as you continue along this crazy, roller coaster ride thru adoption. i look forward to checking back at your blog to see the updates.
p.s.- we got a TON of heat for the name moses- but seriously, it is like, one of the best names ever;)