Here is a list of 27 "Firsts" from my 27th Year:
1. Swam with sharks in Hawaii
2. Finalized adoption
3. Had Pesephone sealed to our family
4. Saw "Madame Butterfly"
5. Took Persy on her first airplane ride (repeated this 4 more times during the year-including one mommy-Persy solo trip)
6. Learned to knit and made a scarf
7. Dipped chocolates
8. Ate a maple bacon bar at the famous "Voodoo Donuts" in Portland
9. Visited the world's largest bookstore
10. Celebrated my first Christmas outside of Utah while on vacation in Hawaii
11. Heard Mozart's "Requiem"
12. Tasted Vietnamese food
13. Drank boba, or bubble tea
14. Visited Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg
15. Ate fois gras
16. Rode "The Griffon" at Busch Gardens
17. Took an on-line opera appreciation course
18. Planted my first garden
19. Toured a Southern plantation
20. Got a Costco membership
21. Went to a movie by myself
22. Ran my longest distance ever- 16 miles
23. Got a clue about the Revolutionary War by studying Gordon Wood's award winning book
24. Took a course on Ancient Egypt
25. Visited San Diego's Wild Animal Park
26. Spent the night at Primary Children's Hospital with a sick daughter
27. Saw "Don Pasquale"
Here's to another great year . . .