Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Long, Farewell

I had to say good bye to one of my childhood friends this week as she prepares to move her family to Boston. Rebecca and I have been friends for nearly 20 years! When we were in Jr. High school she moved away for a couple of years to Arizona and I remember sobbing dramatically before she left. This farewell was less teary, but I still felt a pang of emptiness as we departed. I really hate good byes.

At a Mad Hatter's Tea Party a few years ago, Rebecca is standing next to me second from the left.
Breakfast before Boston with the same group of friends.

1 comment:

Daniel Carr said...

How sad! You two were always so inseparable, and she seemed to be everything a dear friend should be. I know how you feel, having waited ten years for one of my best friends move back to Utah, only to move away a few months after he got here and leave him and all my other family and longtime friends in Utah.

Good luck to Rebecca, and thank goodness for phones, email, and Facebook.