Tuesday, October 14, 2008
So Long, Library "Anne"
For reasons far too boring to name, I have decided to leave my job at the library and stay at home with Persephone. My last day will be the 24th of this month. I wish the situation had worked out, because I've really enjoyed my job. It was a difficult choice to make, but I'm grateful that Gabe's job situation makes this option possible for our family. Here are a few things I'll miss about being Library "Anne."
1. Being able to peruse an endless selection of titles as I check-in books.
2. Having literary conversations with random strangers throughout the day.
3. Having "back stage" access to the awesome downtown library.
4. No library fines.
5. My fun and quirky co-workers.
6. Rainy and snowy days spent in a library.
7. Doing the children's story time and book baby programs.
8. My fun responsibility of picking art work for display in the library's gallery.
9. Staff Development Day
10. Being proud to work for such an awesome organization.