Friday, September 26, 2008

Sickies

I think every mom can relate to the trial of trying to care for a sick family when you are feeling sick yourself. If motherhood was a sorority, then this would be its twisted hazing activity. I am being initiated this week as I simultaneously sneeze along with my daughter and spouse. Gabe and I are lucky enough to be on antibiotics now, but poor Persy just has to wait it out. She has been such a trooper too. Amidst coughs, itchy eyes and mucus extractions she will still look up at me and give me a beaming smile. Who does that? Clearly we have an "old soul" in our home who will be a spiritual guide for her parents. I love this child and wish that she did not have to suffer.

1 comment:

Jord said...

So sorry about the sickness. There should be a standing rule that babies and moms taking care of them don't get sick. I hope you're all feeling better soon.