Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Gettin' My Groove On

One unexpected delight of motherhood has been the amount of time I get to spend dancing with Persy. Sometimes she gets so fussy that the only thing that will console her is to throw her in the sling, put on the i-pod, and dance the grumpies away. She just loves her sling and the rhythmic movement calms her right to sleep. I'm sure that my sex appeal goes way down when I'm grooving with a baby attached, but we have fun just the same. I guess I should unplug the i-pod and put on an old fashioned CD to see what kind of music she responds to. So far, I've exposed her to Mozart, Yo-Yo Ma, Broadway, and the Gypsy Kings. She seems unimpressed!

1 comment:

Ericka said...

We used to bounce Jackson on a huge exercise ball. And then my parents bought him a swing and he LOVED it!! Sounds like you guys are getting into a good little routine....it's amazing what you do to entertain your child, you seem to stop caring if you look like a dork or not! Just wait till you are making faces and talking in horribly annoying voices just to get them to listen to you!!